Wednesday 2 December 2009

I know where my Loyalties lie


It's started again. That yearning to actually tell the world about something. it's not enough to just tell work colleagues or email someone. Oh no, this needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Last night we ventured down to R.A.R.E, which stands for Rock 'n' Roll exhibitionists - to see a music/art fusion show. It sounds a lot posher and poncier than it was. It's basically a collective of musicans who do art stuff and decided it was a good idea to put on an exhibition, but play gigs every night too.

I'm so glad I went!

First, the art was great, some really good stuff. My favourites were:

Tom Spencer, who does Tattoo inspired stained glass. http://www.tattooglass.com and Vince Ray who I champion at any available moment: http://www.vinceray.com

But the biggest surprise of the night for me was Tom's band, the Loyalties. One word: awesome. I chose yesterday to go because Vince and the Boneshakers were playing, who I knew were going to be good. But the Loyalties was an unexpected bonus.


Put it this way, I don't think I have ever looked up someone's myspace quite so quickly. :)

And I shall no doubt be inhabiting the Resistance gallery some time soon, great space with a great vibe.


No comments: