Saturday 25 September 2010

The Union Tour - Sheffield Day off

There is no Leicester; for those of you who don't know, I'm in a band called 50ft Woman, and had to play a gig at the London Tattoo Convention on the Friday. It was fun, but strangely well behaved and not very rock n' roll considering it was at a Tattoo Convention.

Welcome to Sheffield

Luke suggested I come straight back to join everyone in Sheffield on the day off, as the plan is to go out for dinner. So, of course, I do! Sheffield has to have one of the best exits (or entrances to the city) from a train station ever. A fantastic silver ribbon of a waterfall, which I found quite mesmerising! A view that I should have made the most of, as on arrival at the hotel, this was what I was greeted with. Fiona had said the hotel was at the stadium. What I hadn't realised was quite HOW close :) Mind you, I'm not complaining - this is luxury and we have two nights of it!

Wonderful view!
Dinner is at the El Paso, a fantastic curiosity of a restaurant that proclaims itself to be Mexican/Italian. I celebrate it's schizophrenic nature by having Funghi Ripieni for starter with Fajitas for main course. All washed down by wine, which silly me, forgot to check where it was from (probably New Zealand!). Food and service is excellent.

Chris is delighted to find Desperado beer, and a photo is duly taken and uploaded to the Ultimate Eagles Facebook site. Desperado beer is another strange one, beer with tequila - yes, tequila laced beer. We drink the El Paso dry of Desperado. I don't remember much after that ... :)

And a good time was had by all ... 

No comments: